Built in 1697, and expanded in 1772 and 1902, the estate served as headquarters for the British Army on Long Island for a brief time during the Revolutionary War. President George Washington stayed there during his tour of Long Island in 1790.
The manor house is furnished with original family pieces just as it was when the last owner moved out in 1963. On the manor grounds there is a carriage house, walled garden (under restoration) and family cemetery. Donations accepted. Tours May – September.
- Open For Business: Yes
- Temporarily Closed: No