Following are Long Island area tour “snapshots”– use alone or combine for longer stays. Contact Discover Long Island to help coordinate your next Long Island tour.
GATSBY’S GOLD COAST
An exciting visit to Long Island’s exotic North Shore Gold Coast:
- Nassau County Museum of Art – See important exhibitions of the works of internationally acclaimed artists.
- Lunch in Roslyn – After lunch, stroll through this charming town and window shop.
- Sands Point Preserve – Tour the fabulous Hempstead House and the opulent Falaise Castle.
- Sands-Willet and Thomas Dodge Homes – Historically significant homes depicting the early North Shore.
- Dinner at local seafood restaurant – Dinner overlooking sunset on the Long Island Sound.
- Overnight Accommodations – Stay at one of Long Island’s fine “group-friendly” hotels.
NORTH SHORE TO NORTH FORK
A day that is as educational as it is entertaining:
- Choice: Stonybrook Harbor Wetlands Cruise or Long Island Museum of American Art, History & Carriages.
- Wetlands cruise with an experienced ecologist or visit America’s finest carriage and art collections.
- Historic walking tour of the colonial town including discount shopping card for 35 boutiques.
- Stonybrook Grist Mill – This working mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- High Tea luncheon with performance – Arrange and enjoy one of the popular Biographies or Stage performances.
- Tanger Outlet Shopping – bargain-hunting to haute couture.
WINE COUNTRY TOURS AND TASTINGS
- So many vineyards along the North Fork to choose from!
- Dinner on the North Fork. Casual or formal – dining to fit every budget.
- Overnight Accommodations – Charming lodging choices all over the Island.
- (For something really different, you might plan a meal function or overnight on board a Tall Ship!)
Hobnob with the rich and famous – not only with the celebrities you may encounter, but also with our rich landscape and world-famous beaches:
- Montauk Point Lighthouse and Museum -The furthest tip of Long Island, and our most famous Lighthouse.
- Deep Hollow Ranch – Recognized birthplace of the American cowboy!
- Lunch and Spa Stop – Add a manicure or massage to your mid-day dining experience.
- Rich and Famous Hamptons Tour – See how the other half lives!
- Museum stop: Art, History, Culture – you’ll find a museum to cater to every taste.
- Dinner in “The Hamptons’ – You might even spot a movie star strolling around town.
- Overnight Accommodations – There’s plenty of room for your group in the exciting Hamptons!
SOUTH SHORE SURPRISES
Rich maritime history and culture, along with world-class white sand beaches make this the place in the sun to be:
- Stroll the boardwalk of Long Beach.
- Visit the Nautical Mile in Freeport for fine food and music.
- Shop quaint villages such as Babylon, Bayshore and Sayville.
- Visit the Maritime Museum.
- Climb to the top of the Fire Island lighthouse.
- Visit the national seashore at Fire Island.
- Stroll the mansion and gardens of Bayard Cutting Arboretum.
Long Island has plenty of beaches, parks and attractions to keep the kids busy:
- Visit the Cradle of Aviation Museum
- Firefighters Museum
- Long Island Children’s Museum
- Long Island Game Farm
- Splish Splash Water Park
- Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center