Destination Sales Manager
Under the direction of the Director of Sales & Sports, the Destination Sales Manager will be able to use sales techniques to promote and sell Long Island for national meetings and conventions with the principal focus on driving overnight visitation to Long Island. Candidate should be self-motivated, team-oriented, ambitious, and driven for sales success.
Director of Sales & Sports
- Identify and qualify potential clients and actively solicit meetings, conventions, events, and group business.
- Generate meeting and convention lead opportunities and definite bookings for our hotel and event facility partners.
- Increase national client base and ensure repeat business through exceptional relationship-building, negotiating and management of top-accounts.
- Conduct targeted sales calls with pre-set appointments and attend client events.
- Use available research tools, conduct solicitation telephone calls and emails for prospecting new opportunities.
- Prepare written or make personal presentations to clients of assigned Market Segment to showcase our destination as a premier location for their next meeting or event.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key industry organizations including but not limited to MPI and PCMA.
- Attend tradeshows, sales missions, networking opportunities to develop relationships with planners. Solicit meeting planners through target marketing, arrange pre and post tradeshow communications. Responsible for trade show registrations, booth setup, and travel arrangements for assigned sales activities within the allotted budget.
- Coordinate and conduct site tours for meeting planners, showcasing facilities, hotels, and attractions in our destination.
- Participation and coordination of familiarization (fams) programs for groups of meeting planners from across the country; responsible for inviting qualified meeting planners.
- Serve as the point of contact for clients to respond to questions and requests.
- Attend industry meetings and maintain high level of visibility among prospects and clients.
- Participates in local and out-of-town Travel and Trade shows, Networking events, Sales Calls and executes additional requested projects as required.
- Gather and maintain information on competition and changing market trends.
- Track all client correspondence in CRM system for reporting and monitoring.
- Stay informed of Long Island accommodation, event venue and facility products, enhancements and offerings through regular site visits and client calls.
- Assist in the creation of marketing, collateral and promotional materials as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by the Director of Sales & Sports.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to document progress in sales initiatives.
- File written reports that coincide with the annual market actions such as: sales trips, tradeshow results, expense reports in a timely manner.
- Hospitality and tourism experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of effective sales and marketing principles, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications and knowledge of CRM database programs.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Regular overnight travel is required.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid NYS Driver’s License, and be able to travel to off-site appointments.
- Must always maintain a professional appearance keeping within industry standards.
- Always demonstrates professional and ethical conduct.
- An extended network of national contacts is an asset.
- University degree in tourism, hospitality, business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Full time position with competitive salary based on experience and skillsets.
- Medical through NYSHIP Empire Plan, vision through Shelterpoint and dental through Sunlife Insurance
- Vacation, sick and personal time off package including all federal holidays.
- Optional Work from Home Fridays