DISCOVER LONG ISLAND CELEBRATES NATIONAL TRAVEL & TOURISM WEEK WITH 2nd ANNUAL TOURISM SYMPOSIUM
Highlights Include: Keynote Speaker Ross Levi of I Love New York, International Travel & Regional Transportation Panels, and Industry-led Break Out Sessions
LONG ISLAND, NY (May 1, 2018) – Discover Long Island celebrates National Travel & Tourism Week with its 2nd annual Tourism Symposium including remarks from County Executive Steve Bellone on the importance of tourism to Suffolk County and Long Island, an update from I Love New York Executive Director, Ross Levi, and several panel discussions and breakout sessions surrounding industry trends and issues.
Held at St. Joseph’s College on May 8, 2018, this educational event is designed to provide insight for the travel and tourism community with a special component celebrating the NTTW 2018 theme of “Travel Then and Now.” NTTW takes place May 7-12 and is a national campaign led by the US Travel Association designed to raise awareness of the positive impacts of the tourism industry to local economies and quality of life for residents. Discover Long Island is participating in this effort with the hosting of its annual Tourism Symposium including the following educational breakouts and panels:
- Welcoming remarks by Suffolk County Executive, Steve Bellone
- Executive Director for I Love New York, Ross Levi shares insights on I Love New York’s 2018 focus and a statewide industry update.
- Top Industry Consultant, Alfredo Gonzales, hosts an International Travel Panel sharing key takeaways from top markets and best practices.
- New York’s Travel Expert, Josiah Brown, leads a discussion on “How to Win First Time Visitors” with a focus on multi-generational travel.
- The Next Chapter in Tourism Marketing – The world’s travel data co-op, ADARA, presents an overview of how their powerful tech-driven solutions help DMO’s attract high-value visitors and measure marketing effectiveness.
- Representatives from Long Island’s transportation industry including LIRR, MacArthur Airport and Ferry Services share news, updates and what’s next for traveler connectivity.
- Plus, insider updates from Discover Long Island’s team on 2018 marketing co-operative opportunities and working with the media.
The 2nd annual Tourism Symposium will be held on May 8, 2018 at St. Joseph’s College from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. The event is open to the public, but seating is limited. Registration is required. Media access is limited, please respond to Maggie LaCasse if you would like to attend. To learn more about Discover Long Island, please visit www.discoverlongisland.com.
ABOUT DISCOVER LONG ISLAND:
Discover Long Island was established in 1978 as the official tourism promotion agency for the destination’s travel and tourism industry. The organization contributes to the economic development and quality of life on Long Island by promoting the region as a world-class destination for tourism, meetings and conventions, trade shows, sporting events and related activities. For more information, please call 631-951-3900 or visit www.discoverlongisland.com.