Memorial Day Weekend has arrived and Long Island is literally taking off with events that bring out the best of its patriotic pride. Come out and experience a breathtaking air show at the beach; or thrilling flyovers and military displays at the Airpower Museum; or a spectacular marine and navy helicopter and parachute landing at Eisenhower Park.
Find out more about these great events and more.
The white sandy beaches of the South Shore have been waiting for your return, and the folks at Jones Beach State Park provide a great reason to make that trip with the Bethpage Air Show! This is the 13th year of the high-flying event featuring the United States Navy Blue Angels, the F-35 Lightning II Stealth Fighter, the Geico Skytypers, and many other world-class military and civilian performers. You can catch the show from 10AM – 3PM on both Saturday and Sunday. See the full event listing on our Calendar of Events:
The American Airpower Museum at Republic Airport is also contributing airborne activities to the holiday weekend lining up a full slate of special opportunities and displays:
- The American Airpower Museum Warbirds
- The Republic Thunder Fighter Planes from 1941 to 2016
- The Jones Beach Air Show Aircraft parked on the ramp
- Visiting Active Service A-10 Thunderbolt II Warthog
- WWII B-17 Heavy Bomber Yankee Lady offering flight experiences (For flight info and bookings : www.yankeeairmuseum.org)
- The Blue Angels Navy Precision Flight Team
- Canadian Snowbirds Precision Jet Flight Team
- Breitling L-39 Precision Jet Flight Team
- Visiting ground armor from the Museum of American Armor
- Flight experiences available of the AAM T-6 Texan and Waco Biplane
- C-47 D-Day Paratrooper Flight Experience (Monday May 30th Only)
Find out more about the American Airpower Museum below, and head to their website for more information on everything being fit in this Saturday – Monday, 10AM – 5PM.
On Saturday you can catch the Marine and Navy Helicopter Landing at Eisenhower Park. This free event is broken in to two landings with Navy “LeapFrogs”, Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD), and a Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron appearing first at 10AM. The second landing begins at 12PM and is made up of a Marine Raid Force, part of a Special Purpose Air-Ground Task Force from the II Marine Expeditionary Force. See the full event listing on our Calendar of Events:
The Long Island Convention and Visitors Bureau has all the information you need to make this holiday weekend special. Head over to our Things To Do in Long Island section to find out more about everything happening on Long Island and follow us at: