Wantagh Railroad Museum
The Wantagh Museum resides in three structures, the station, the Mamaica Railroad car and the original Wantagh Post office. The station was built in 1885 and originally stood on Railroad Avenue, east of Wantagh Avenue. In 1966 the Wantagh station was moved to it’s current location to save it from demolition when the Wantagh Railroad Service was expanded. Hours of operation are as followed Sunday 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, April – October & closed, November – March.