Added to


  • ADDRESS: 516 Moriches Road, St. James, New York 11780
  • PHONE: (631) 854-3740
  • REGION: North Shore / Heritage Trail

Built in 1857 and expanded to its present size in the 1890’s. It is the oldest continuously operating general store in the Country. Interpretive programs are held throughout the year including period craft demonstrations. Open year round, this national landmark, has been in continuous operation since 1857. Offers nineteenth century style merchandise, candies, preserves, handcrafts.

Current Status

  • Open For Business: Yes
  • Temporarily Closed: No