The Pine Grove Inn is the oldest standing restaurants in Patchogue, located at Chapel Avenue & 1st Street on the banks of the Swan River. It was founded in 1910 as a Restaurant and Inn for Travelers and Businessmen. According to legend the Pine Grove Inn was used for Rum running during Prohibition, along with other waterfront hotels in Patchogue. Originally the Inn was built as a log cabin. While the site has been renovated over the years the PGI retains its original structual design.