The White Course, one of three 18-hole golf courses at Eisenhower Park, was designed in 1950 by Robert Trent Jones, a major 20th-century architect of American courses. Born in England in 1906, Jones emigrated to the U.S. as a youngster and ultimately embarked on a career that saw him create or remodel some 500 golf courses throughout the U.S. over the span of seven decades. The White Course at Eisenhower measures 6,827yards from the championship tees, 6,378 yards from the middle tees, and 5,357 yards from the forward tees. The course has elevated greens with 22 holes, as the par three’s have double identical holes. For the 2005 season, 38 green side bunkers on the White course are being renovated and 15 new tees constructed.