Eisenhower Park Blue Course
The Blue Course, one of three 18-hole golf courses at Eisenhower Park, was designed in 1951 by Robert Trent Jones, a major 20th-century architect of American courses. Born in England in 1906, Jones emigrated to the U.S. as a youngster and ultimately embarked on a career that saw him create or remodel some 500 golf courses throughout the U.S. over the span of seven decades.
The Blue Course measures 6,026 yards from the middle tees and 5,705 yards from the forward tees. Like Eisenhower’s White Course, the Blue has identical par-three holes side by side, as well as elevated greens. A new irrigation system has been installed as part of ongoing improvements, with the irrigation of 22 greens and green-surrounds completed this year and irrigation of the fairways scheduled to be done later in 2005.