Manor of St. George
The Manor of St George business hours are 10am – 5pm Wed – Sat., May – October. No pets. Museum admittance by tour only; tour hours vary. Granted to Col. W.E. (Tangier) Smith in 1653 for services to the crown, the estate contains colonial-era documents, furniture,portraits. It was the site of a patriot victory in 1780, when the manor became Fort St. George.