The Original Owner of the land on which the 1720 William Miller House was built was William’s grandfather Andrew Miller Sr. Andrew Miller Sr., who was born in England (1632-1717) immigrated to America with his family when he was eleven. Andrew was a cooper in East Hampton until he came to the area called Old Mans around 1670. Andrew Mill purchased approximately 105 acres from Brookhaven Town and built his home near the pond. Andrew Sr. deeded his home lot in Old Mans to his Son Andrew Jr. in 1709. Andrew Jr., who had built his own home died in 1716.