Posted: March 24, 2016
POSITION: Book Keeper
BASIC FUNCTION: Serves as the Controller of the Bureau, monitoring and reporting all financial activities of the Association. Specifically manages day to day operations related to accounting and purchasing.
College accounting degree and experience required.
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
Financial duties to include but not be exclusive to:
- Assist in Preparing Financial Statements.
- Process all Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and other accounting functions.
- Review Monthly and Yearly Financial Statements.
- Assist CPA with financial reporting and audit preparation
- Critique financial statements on a monthly basis
- Follow financial policies and procedures.
- Assist and supervise the auditors during annual audit. Prepare schedules required by the auditors at year-end on a timely basis.
- Assist with budget preparation and report to President on budget.
- Perform Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Process payroll.
- Monitor employee benefits deductions and monthly billing.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Monitor cash flow.
- Responsible for NY State Matching Funds Program financial reimbursements.
- Responsible for making sure general clerical functions are complete, such as organization of deposit slips and cancelled checks.
- Prepare statistical information necessary or requested.
- Maintain feasible balance in all checking accounts and make transfers as required.
- Maintain a daily spreadsheet on bank balances of all bank accounts.
- Insure that Purchase Order policies are ample and being followed.
- Maintain the financial records maintenance management and storage program.
- Responsible for security and safety of computer data.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President and CPA.
Send resume and cover letter to: NTheissen@DiscoverLongIsland.com