The Big Duck
1012 Flanders Road, Flanders, NY 11901
Built in 1931 by Riverhead duck farmer Martin Maurer as a store to sell his Peking Ducks to passing motorists, Suffolk County's Big Duck is one of Long Island's most famous examples of roadside architecture. Now open to the public as a gift shop and as an East End tourist information center. The Big Duck Holiday Lighting takes place every year. Come take a photo and visit the gift shop to find one-of-a-kind 'duck-abilia.' Open year round.
Phone: 631 852-3377
Region: South Fork / Hamptons to Montauk; Suffolk County