Following are Long Island area tour “snapshots”– use alone or combine for longer stays. Contact the Long Island Convention & Visitors Bureau to help coordinate your next Long Island tour.
GATSBY’S GOLD COAST
An exciting visit to Long Island’s exotic North Shore Gold Coast:
- Nassau County Museum of Art - See important exhibitions of the works of internationally acclaimed artists.
- Lunch in Roslyn - After lunch, stroll through this charming town and window shop.
- Sands Point Preserve - Tour the fabulous Hempstead House and the opulent Falaise Castle.
- Sands-Willet and Thomas Dodge Homes - Historically significant homes depicting the early North Shore.
- Dinner at local seafood restaurant - Dinner overlooking sunset on the Long Island Sound.
- Overnight Accommodations - Stay at one of Long Island’s fine “group-friendly” hotels.
NORTH SHORE TO NORTH FORK
A day that is as educational as it is entertaining:
- Choice: Stonybrook Harbor Wetlands Cruise or Long Island Museum of American Art, History & Carriages.
- Wetlands cruise with an experienced ecologist or visit America’s finest carriage and art collections.
- Historic walking tour of the colonial town including discount shopping card for 35 boutiques.
- Stonybrook Grist Mill - This working mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- High Tea luncheon with performance - Arrange and enjoy one of the popular Biographies or Stage performances.
- Tanger Outlet Shopping - bargain-hunting to haute couture.
WINE COUNTRY TOURS AND TASTINGS
- So many vineyards along the North Fork to choose from!
- Dinner on the North Fork. Casual or formal – dining to fit every budget.
- Overnight Accommodations - Charming lodging choices all over the Island.
- (For something really different, you might plan a meal function or overnight on board a Tall Ship!)
Hobnob with the rich and famous – not only with the celebrities you may encounter, but also with our rich landscape and world-famous beaches:
- Montauk Point Lighthouse and Museum -The furthest tip of Long Island, and our most famous Lighthouse.
- Deep Hollow Ranch - Recognized birthplace of the American cowboy!
- Lunch and Spa Stop - Add a manicure or massage to your mid-day dining experience.
- Rich and Famous Hamptons Tour - See how the other half lives!
- Museum stop: Art, History, Culture – you’ll find a museum to cater to every taste.
- Dinner in “The Hamptons' - You might even spot a movie star strolling around town.
- Overnight Accommodations - There’s plenty of room for your group in the exciting Hamptons!
SOUTH SHORE SURPRISES
Rich maritime history and culture, along with world-class white sand beaches make this the place in the sun to be:
- Stroll the boardwalk of Long Beach.
- Visit the Nautical Mile in Freeport for fine food and music.
- Shop quaint villages such as Babylon, Bayshore and Sayville.
- Visit the Maritime Museum.
- Climb to the top of the Fire Island lighthouse.
- Visit the national seashore at Fire Island.
- Stroll the mansion and gardens of Bayard Cutting Arboretum.
Long Island has plenty of beaches, parks and attractions to keep the kids busy:
- Visit the Cradle of Aviation Museum
- Firefighters Museum
- Long Island Children's Museum
- Long Island Game Farm
- Splish Splash Water Park
- Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center