Since Long Island is located in such close proximity to New York City, it’s easy to see why many visitors to New York take advantage of what both great locations offer. Enjoy the beaches, golf, history, culture, wineries, outdoor fun and events on Long Island, and then travel to nearby New York City and see the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Broadway, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and other major landmarks.
LONG ISLAND SAMPLE ITINERARY
New York City is easily accessible via the Long Island Rail Road.
Following is an area tour “snapshot itinerary.” It includes different suggestions for a possible day tour. Each suggestion listed here to NYC likely requires an entire day each.
DAY TRIP TO NEW YORK CITY
- Take a quick and easy train ride to New York's Penn Station
- Reserve in advance to go to the Statue of Liberty
- Or, buy tickets in advance to a Broadway Show
- Go to the top of the Empire State Building
- Go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the Musuem of Modern Art
- Go to Rockefeller Center and to the 'Top of the Rock'
- Visit Broadway and go to the Wax Museum or Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum